February 2, 2015 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
Sections of China’s RoHS Legislation Updated or On-Hold For Revisions
February 02, 2015｜Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
Last month, China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology issued updates to part of China's RoHS legislation as well as a Stay of Execution for other parts.
The new labeling standard (SJ/T 11364-2014) took effect on January 2, 2015, and expands the product scope from electronic information products (EIPs) to all electric and electronic products (EEPs). The new standard replaces the previous standard (SJ/T 11364-2006). Currently product labeling for EEPs under China RoHS is voluntary, but as China RoHS undergoes continued revisions, EEP labeling may become a requirement.
Meanwhile, another part of the legislation, Electronic Information Products Pollution Control Regulations (SJ/T 11364-2014), is currently being revised by Ministry management. The ministry has issued a hold on the execution of this legislation until revisions are complete.
During revisions to China RoHS, two related legislations - Electrical and Electronic Products Labeling Requirements Restricting the Use of Hazardous Substances (SJ/T 11364-2014) and Electronic Information Products Pollution Control Marking Requirements (SJ/T 11364-2006) remain in effect.
For more information on China's RoHS regulation, visit the Chinese government website.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
Addition of 4 Phthalates to China RoHS-2 likely coming in July 2022
12 Product Categories To Be Covered by China RoHS-2
Digital Marking Requirements for Hazardous Substances
Final China RoHS-2 Regulation Published
China RoHS Gets Its Recast: What You Need to Know About China RoHS-2