October 14, 2015 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
SEC Seeks Rehearing in On-Going Conflict Minerals Legal Battle
Last week saw yet another step in the on-going legal battle over the conflict mineral provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act.
On October 2, the SEC and Amnesty International filed petitions requesting an en banc rehearing of the Court's April 2014 decision which determined that provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act were unconstitutional and the Court's August three-seat panel decision that reaffirmed the April ruling.
The April and August rulings determined that the requirement of companies to state their products have “not been found to be DRC conflict free” violates the companies’ First Amendment rights. If the Court approves the SEC and Amnesty International's petitions for an en banc rehearing, the case will be reheard in front of the entire D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals.
This blog post is now our ninth update on the on-going Conflict Minerals legal battle in the US. Read about the case from the beginning to the present: March 2013, July 2013, April 2014, May 2014, September 2014, November 2014, March 2015, August 2015.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
Join RMI’s biggest event of the year, focused on corporate social responsibility and global supply chains
CMRT 6.22 now available for download
Join GreenSoft Technology for Responsible Minerals Initiative’s Best Event Of The Year!
CMRT 6.01 and CRT 2.11 Available for Download
Join us at the RMI conference on October 21-22 for Conflict Minerals