California Proposition 65
November 10, 2017 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
Three Chemicals Added to the CA Prop 65 Substances List
OEHHA Adds 3 Substances to the List of Chemicals Known to Cause Cancer
The California Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) has added three chemicals to the list of substances known to the state to cause cancer under the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Proposition 65).
The addition of these three substances is effective October 27, 2017. Affected companies under Prop 65 are required to warn customers of potential exposure to substances which cause cancer or reproductive harm. All three of the newly added substances were determined by OEHHA to cause cancer.
The three substances are:
- N,N-Dimethylformamide (CAS No. 68-12-2)
- 2‑Mercaptobenzothiazole (CAS No. 149-30-4)
- Tetrabromobisphenol A (TBBPA) (CAS No. 79-94-7)
GreenSoft provides data services for CA Prop 65 and our GreenData Manager software includes CA Prop 65 as one of the regulations built into the software. Contact us to learn more about how we can help your company comply with CA Prop 65.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
May 31, 2022
Rulemaking timeframe lapses for CA Prop 65 proposed changes to warning labels; new proposal process to begin soon
January 10, 2022
New Substances Added to California Prop 65 List
December 16, 2021
California Proposition 65 Short-Form Warning Label Proposal Sees Additional Changes
November 16, 2021
Access & View New California Prop 65 Webinar Today!
September 27, 2021
Register for the FREE November 9th California Proposition 65 Webinar!