March 22, 2022 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
Public Review of EU RoHS Directive Launched
European Commission launches public consultation to review and improve EU RoHS Directive
On March 10, the European Commission launched a public consultation period to review the EU RoHS Directive rules.
The goal of the review is to identify any changes needed for the EU RoHS Directive to meet its objectives in the most effective and efficient way.
The European Commission notes that changes should be in line with the latest technical and scientific developments, and be coherent with other EU legislation addressing electronic and electrical equipment and chemical substances.
Interested parties are invited to contribute their views online. The consultation period is open until 2 June, 2022.
The announcement of the consultation period can be found here.
GreenSoft can help with EU RoHS
GreenSoft provides Data Services to help your company comply with the EU RoHS Directive.
We will collect compliance data on parts and assemblies from your supply chain for you, and generate compliance and completion reports, so that you can show due diligence while still focusing on your core competencies.
Learn more and receive a free Risk Analysis when you contact us.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
5 products forced to be removed from European market due to EU RoHS violations
EU RoHS Annex III amended to include new exemption
New report published with recommendations on commonly used EU RoHS exemptions
4 products removed from European market due to EU RoHS, EU REACH, and EU POP violations
8 products removed from European market due to EU RoHS violations