June 29, 2015 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
ECHA Shortlists 200 Substances for Possible REACH Restrictions
June 29, 2015｜Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
On June 25, the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) selected approximately 200 substances from the REACH registrations for further scrutiny to decide whether there is a need for regulatory action, such as compliance check, substance evaluation, harmonized classification and labeling, authorization or restriction.
The list of these 200 substances has not been released. The selection is based on an automated screening focusing on substances with potential CMR (carcinogenic, mutagenic or toxic to reproduction), PBT (persistent bioaccumulative toxic), endocrine disrupting or sensitizing properties. Substances are then further prioritized based on uses that are likely to lead to exposure to humans or release to the environment.
The 200 substances shortlisted are registered by 800 companies, which will soon receive a letter from ECHA informing them of the on-going examination of their registrations. These companies are invited to update their dossier to address any shortcomings, as up-to-date information will help the Member State authorities better assess whether the concern indicated by the screening is confirmed, and whether regulatory action is still considered appropriate.
More information is available online.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
Customs inspectors will check imports into the European Union for EU REACH compliance in 2023-2025
Awaiting Decision on 9 Substances for Inclusion in the EU REACH SVHC Candidate List
EU REACH SVHC List now contains 224 Substances
Roughly 5,000 to 7,000 chemicals will be regulated in the EU by 2030
EU REACH, EU RoHS and EU POPs violations found in electronic products, forcing withdrawal from market