June 19, 2015 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
4 New Phthalate Substances Added to RoHS-2 Annex II
June 19, 2015｜Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
On June 4, the European Commission announced that four new phthalate substances have been added to the restricted substances list under Annex II of the EU RoHS-2 Directive on March 31.
The new substance restrictions take effect in July 2019 for all electrical and electronic equipment categories except medical devices and monitoring and control equipment, which have until July 2021 to become compliant.
The RoHS-2 regulation with the four new substances is sometimes referred to within the compliance industry as "RoHS-3," although it is still officially considered the RoHS-2 regulation by the European Commission.
The four new restricted substances are:
- Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP)
- Butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP)
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP)
- Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP)
The EU had notified the World Trade Organization (WTO) in December to expect these RoHS-2 Annex II additions, but at the time the EU expected an official announcement in February or March instead of June.
Full text of the Amendment is available online.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
June 6, 2022
6 products removed from market due to EU RoHS and EU POPs violations
March 28, 2022
EU REACH, EU RoHS and EU POPs violations found in electronic products, forcing withdrawal from market
March 22, 2022
European Commission launches public consultation to review and improve EU RoHS Directive
March 8, 2022
EU RoHS Annex III exemptions list updated with 12 changes to exemptions involving Mercury in lamps
January 11, 2022
4 Products Recalled in European Markets