April 7, 2015 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
ECHA Publishes First Annual Report on REACH SVHC Roadmap to 2020
April 07, 2015｜Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
On March 24, the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) published their first Annual Report describing the agency's achievements and progress last year along the SVHC Roadmap to 2020.
The SVHC Roadmap aims to have all relevant substances of very high concern (SVHC) under the EU REACH legislation listed on the SVHC Candidate List by 2020.
This year's report covered the agency's progress from February 2013 through the end of 2014. In conjunction with the report, ECHA announced it would release one Annual Report every year going forward.
According to the Annual Report, hundreds of substances were reviewed in 2014. So far, much of the work has been focused on substances already known to be carcinogenic, mutagenic and toxic for reproduction (CMRs), and on identifying structurally similar substances.
Going forward, ECHA plans to refocus their concentration on identifying new CMRs and expects to propose newharmonized classification and labeling standards in the future.
ECHA is also progressing their work on substances with persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic properties (PBTs). So far, 20 substances with PBTs have been included in the Candidate List.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
Awaiting Decision on 9 Substances for Inclusion in the EU REACH SVHC Candidate List
EU REACH SVHC List now contains 224 Substances
Roughly 5,000 to 7,000 chemicals will be regulated in the EU by 2030
EU REACH, EU RoHS and EU POPs violations found in electronic products, forcing withdrawal from market
4 New Substances Added to EU REACH SVHC List