May 4, 2016 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
BPA Proposed to be Added to REACH Annex XVII Restricted Substances List
In April, the European Commission notified the World Trade Organization of its intention to add a new substance to the REACH Annex XVII restricted substances list.
The draft regulation (reference: G/TBT/N/EU/372) would restrict thermal paper containing bisphenol A (BPA) in a concentration equal to or greater than 0.02% by weight from being placed on the market.
Affected companies will have a three year deferment to give the industry time to comply with the new restriction.
More details and the draft legislation can be found on the EU's website here.
GreenSoft's REACH Compliance Services
GreenSoft helps electrical and electronics manufacturers manage REACH compliance with a process that includes data collection, data validation, and replacement parts sourcing. We can also help with compliance assessments and sourcing replacement suppliers. Learn more about our REACH compliance services here.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
June 13, 2022
EU REACH SVHC List now contains 224 Substances
April 28, 2022
Roughly 5,000 to 7,000 chemicals will be regulated in the EU by 2030
March 28, 2022
EU REACH, EU RoHS and EU POPs violations found in electronic products, forcing withdrawal from market
January 17, 2022
4 New Substances Added to EU REACH SVHC List
January 11, 2022
4 Products Recalled in European Markets