May 4, 2016 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
BPA Proposed to be Added to REACH Annex XVII Restricted Substances List
In April, the European Commission notified the World Trade Organization of its intention to add a new substance to the REACH Annex XVII restricted substances list.
The draft regulation (reference: G/TBT/N/EU/372) would restrict thermal paper containing bisphenol A (BPA) in a concentration equal to or greater than 0.02% by weight from being placed on the market.
Affected companies will have a three year deferment to give the industry time to comply with the new restriction.
More details and the draft legislation can be found on the EU's website here.
GreenSoft's REACH Compliance Services
GreenSoft helps electrical and electronics manufacturers manage REACH compliance with a process that includes data collection, data validation, and replacement parts sourcing. We can also help with compliance assessments and sourcing replacement suppliers. Learn more about our REACH compliance services here.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
EU REACH SVHC List now contains 233 Substances
4 products removed from European market due to EU RoHS, EU REACH, and EU POP violations
Customs inspectors will check imports into the European Union for EU REACH compliance in 2023-2025
Awaiting Decision on 9 Substances for Inclusion in the EU REACH SVHC Candidate List
EU REACH SVHC List now contains 224 Substances