California Proposition 65
October 3, 2019 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
6 New Substances Added to the CA Proposition 65
OEHHA adds new chemicals to the CA Proposition 65
Six substances were added to the list of chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer under the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (CA Proposition 65).
The Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) added the following chemicals effective September 13, 2019:
- 2-Amino-4-Chlorophenol (CAS No. 95-85-2)
- 2-Chloronitrobenzene (CAS No. 88-73-3)
- 1,4-Dichloro-2-Nitrobenzene (CAS No. 89-61-2)
- 2,4-Dichloro-1-Nitrobenzene (CAS No. 611-06-3)
- N,N-Dimethylacetamide (CAS No. 127-19-5)
- Para-Nitroanisole (CAS No. 100-17-4)
The six substances are raw materials that are commonly used to create chemical compounds.
Get Help with California Proposition 65 Compliance from GreenSoft
Companies affected by California Proposition 65 are required to warn customers of potential exposure to the substances known to the state of California to cause cancer or reproductive harm.
The notification requirements were updated in August 2018. Among other changes, affected companies must now identify at least one regulated chemical that a specific product or location causes exposure to, as opposed to the previous general practice of simply warning of the presence of chemicals.
The list of these regulated substances is ever-changing and growing. The last prior addition to the regulated substances list was July 2019.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
Private CA Prop 65 enforcers increasingly targeting PFAS for enforcement actions
Rulemaking timeframe lapses for CA Prop 65 proposed changes to warning labels; new proposal process to begin soon
New Substances Added to California Prop 65 List
California Proposition 65 Short-Form Warning Label Proposal Sees Additional Changes
Access & View New California Prop 65 Webinar Today!