March 8, 2022 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
12 New EU RoHS Annex III Exemption Updates Announced
EU RoHS Annex III exemptions list updated with 12 changes to exemptions involving Mercury in lamps
On February 24, the European Commission announced updates for twelve Annex III exemptions under the EU RoHS Directive.
All twelve impacted exemptions apply to various forms of Mercury; specifically, to Mercury usage in lamps.
The updates are effective March 16, 2022. The new expiration dates for these exemptions range from February 24, 2023 at the earliest to February 24, 2027 at the latest.
Updated EU RoHS Exemptions List available to download
GreenSoft maintains a compiled list of the EU RoHS Exemptions in order to perform EU RoHS Data Services for our customers and to keep our GreenData Manager software up-to-date. We also make this list available online to the public for your convenience and reference.
Our compiled EU RoHS Exemptions List has been updated to include these twelve new exemption updates. You can download the updated EU RoHS Exemptions List here.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
5 products forced to be removed from European market due to EU RoHS violations
EU RoHS Annex III amended to include new exemption
New report published with recommendations on commonly used EU RoHS exemptions
4 products removed from European market due to EU RoHS, EU REACH, and EU POP violations
8 products removed from European market due to EU RoHS violations