June 11, 2015 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
Smelter or Refiner Validation with GreenSoft
One of your due diligence responsibilities as a manufacturer is to make a reasonable effort to ensure you’re using accurate information from your suppliers.
Validating Smelters or Refiners (SORs) provided by your suppliers has become a key aspect in delivering acceptable CMRT forms. Validation includes determining whether a smelter or refiner is conflict-free, a legal entity, or an entity that can trade conflict minerals. GreenSoft leverages lists from private industry and other organizations to determine the validity of SORs. If SORs cannot be validated through authenticated lists, GreenSoft will contact the SORs directly or pressure the suppliers to obtain proof of legitimacy.
GreenSoft offers SOR validation as an optional service for the Conflict Minerals data collection program. Our validation process ensures you're using accurate and complete information without having to go through the hassle yourself.
We've released a detailed description of our validation process on our new website. Check it out here.
When you're ready to let GreenSoft do the leg work of smelter validation for you so you can focus on your core competencies, give us a call at +1-323-254-5961 or email email@example.com.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
Join RMI’s biggest event of the year, focused on corporate social responsibility and global supply chains
CMRT 6.22 now available for download
Join GreenSoft Technology for Responsible Minerals Initiative’s Best Event Of The Year!
CMRT 6.01 and CRT 2.11 Available for Download
Join us at the RMI conference on October 21-22 for Conflict Minerals