November 19, 2014 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
Rehearing Granted for Conflict Minerals Rule Decision
November 19, 2014｜Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
The D.C. Court of Appeals issued an order today granting a panel rehearing on the court's April 14, 2014 Conflict Minerals decision.
Petitions for a panel rehearing were filed by the SEC and Amnesty International on May 29. On September 12, the National Association of Manufacturers, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and the Business Roundtable filed a joint response against the petition.
Today the court granted the petition with an order for the case to be reheard before the three appellate court judges who made the original decision.
The SEC had requested a rehearing before the entire D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, but the court deferred that portion of the petition. It is still possible that the D.C. Circuit may decide to rehear the case en banc after the panel rehearing decision.
For a summary of the initial court decision, see our past blog post on the topic here.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
Extended Minerals Reporting Template (EMRT) 1.2 now available to download
Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CMRT) 6.3 now available to download
Join RMI’s biggest event of the year, focused on corporate social responsibility and global supply chains
CMRT 6.22 now available for download
Join GreenSoft Technology for Responsible Minerals Initiative’s Best Event Of The Year!