August 5, 2015 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
Learn About Smelter or Refiner (SOR) Validation
August 05, 2015｜Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
Now we're releasing a detailed data sheet on this service to explain our comprehensive SOR validation process, and how it can release suppliers from the burden of contacting multiple suppliers, sub-suppliers, and even smelters or refiners directly.
In order to validate the compliance status of SORs listed by supplier disclosures in support of the conflict minerals provision of the Dodd-Frank Act, direct contact with suppliers and SORs is required. With language barriers, time zone differences, and frequently unresponsive suppliers, this process can be very time consuming and frustrating for electronics manufactures.
GreenSoft's SOR Validation service will handle the validation for you, including communicating with your supply chain for document gathering and validating the supplied information across databases such as CFSI/CFSP and LBMA/RJC/DMCC.
Our team will review information provided by suppliers to ensure data quality. Your dedicated Project Manager will keep you routinely updated on the project status and deliverables. And if you don't have an existing SOR list prepared, we can create one for you by extracting information from documents provided by your suppliers.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
Join RMI’s biggest event of the year, focused on corporate social responsibility and global supply chains
CMRT 6.22 now available for download
Join GreenSoft Technology for Responsible Minerals Initiative’s Best Event Of The Year!
CMRT 6.01 and CRT 2.11 Available for Download
Join us at the RMI conference on October 21-22 for Conflict Minerals