February 1, 2019 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
Inspections to Check Compliance with EU REACH Coming Soon
ECHA Will Perform EU REACH Compliance Inspection Checks Throughout 2019
The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has announced that it will be performing inspections to check compliance with the EU REACH regulation as part of its ongoing EU REACH Enforcement Project.
The project aims to ensure that obligated companies throughout the EU are registering their affected substances per EU REACH requirements. The inspection activities will continue throughout 2019. A report on the results of the inspections will be available in the fourth quarter of 2020.
Inspection checks will cover imported and manufactured substances in all tonnage bands, with main focus being on substances imported or manufactured in quantities of 1-100 tonnes per year. The inspections will also include a check of parts of the registration dossier and of other duties related to registration, for example, whether the registrant is compliant with the duty to update a registration dossier.
Inspectors in Member States will verify whether substances registered as intermediates meet the definition of intermediates and are manufactured and used under strictly controlled conditions. In addition, substances registered as monomers in polymers will be checked.
Read the ECHA news release here. Learn how GreenSoft can help you get in compliance with EU REACH here or contact us online.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
EU REACH SVHC List now contains 233 Substances
4 products removed from European market due to EU RoHS, EU REACH, and EU POP violations
Customs inspectors will check imports into the European Union for EU REACH compliance in 2023-2025
Awaiting Decision on 9 Substances for Inclusion in the EU REACH SVHC Candidate List
EU REACH SVHC List now contains 224 Substances