November 8, 2016 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
EU Commission Proposes Two New Restrictions to REACH Annex XVII
Annex XVII Additions Proposed for 2017
On October 6, the EU Commission notified the World Trade Organization of its intention to add two new substances to the REACH Annex XVII restricted substances list.
- The first addition, detailed in document G/TBT/N/EU/410, restricts windscreen washing fluids, defrosting fluids and denatured alcohol containing methanol in quantities equal to or greater than 0.6% by weight.
- The second addition, detailed in document G/TBT/N/EU/411, restricts perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), its salts and PFOA-related substances as a substance on its own and as a constituent of other substances, in mixtures, or in articles or any part thereof, in a concentration equal to or greater than 25 ppb of PGOA or 1000 ppb of one or a combination of related substances.
The proposed date of adoption for both restrictions is the first half of 2017, with the proposed date of entry into force as 20 days from the publication in the Official Journal of the EU (the restriction will begin to apply 12 months after the date of entry into force). Industry stakeholders have been given 60 days from the notification to submit comments.
The last previous addition to REACH Annex XVII was in April 2016.
Help With REACH Compliance
GreenSoft helps electrical and electronics manufacturers manage REACH compliance with a process that includes data collection, data validation, and replacement parts sourcing. We can also help with compliance assessments and sourcing replacement suppliers. Learn more about our REACH compliance services here.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
Awaiting Decision on 9 Substances for Inclusion in the EU REACH SVHC Candidate List
EU REACH SVHC List now contains 224 Substances
Roughly 5,000 to 7,000 chemicals will be regulated in the EU by 2030
EU REACH, EU RoHS and EU POPs violations found in electronic products, forcing withdrawal from market
4 New Substances Added to EU REACH SVHC List