September 19, 2019 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
ECHA publishes data requirements for new EU REACH database (SCIP)
The ECHA publishes data requirements for new EU REACH SVHC Database
The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has released the data requirements for the upcoming EU REACH Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) database that will be launched by the organization in early 2020.
The database, known as SCIP, will contain information on "Substances of Concern in articles, as such or in complex objects (Products)."
Companies placing articles on the EU market which contain reportable levels of SVHCs will need to submit their product information into the SCIP database starting January 5, 2021.
Suppliers of articles will need to submit the following information to the SCIP database:
- Information that allows the article to be identified
- The name, concentration range, and location of the SVHC in the article
- Information on the safe use of the article, including during disposal
- Material Category of the material containing the SVHC
The detailed information requirements for the SCIP database (published September 9, 2019) can be accessed here.
GreenSoft can help manage EU REACH data and fulfillment requirements
GreenSoft is committed to providing the latest data services and software tools needed to support our customers' ever-changing environmental compliance obligations.
We already help electrical and electronics manufacturers manage their current EU REACH obligations through our EU REACH Data Services and GreenData Manager software.
When the new SCIP database is launched, we will expand our EU REACH services and GreenData Manager software tools to include coverage of the database submission requirements.
Contact us to learn more about how GreenSoft can help you with your EU REACH compliance.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
Affected companies in the EEA must now submit reportable SVHCs to the SCIP Database
ECHA implements public-facing SCIP database search capabilities
Access the SCIP Database FAQs Today!
New SCIP Database Webinar Added
Free, Educational SCIP Database Webinar Signups Happening Now!