January 18, 2017 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
4 Substances Added to REACH SVHC List
ECHA Adds 4 Substances to SVHC Candidate List
The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has added four new substances to the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) Candidate List.
The addition of these four substances brings the total number of SVHC substances to 173.
ECHA generally updates the SVHC Candidate List every June and December. However, no update was issued for December 2016 until now. The last update to the SVHC Candidate List was in June 2016.
The four new substances added to the SVHC Candidate List are:
- 4,4'-isopropylidenediphenol (EC#201-245-8; CAS# 80-05-7). Date of Inclusion: January 12, 2017 for reason: Toxic for reproduction (Article 57c).
- 4-Heptylphenol, branched and linear. Date of Inclusion: January 12, 2017 for reason: Equivalent level of concern having probable serious effects to environment (Article 57 f).
- Nonadecafluorodecanoic acid (PFDA) and its sodium and ammonium salts Nonadecafluorodecanoic acid (EC# 206-400-3; CAS# 335-76-2), Ammonium nonadecafluorodecanoate (EC# 221-470-5; CAS# 3108-42-7), Decanoic acid, nonadecafluoro-, sodium salt (CAS# 3830-45-3). Date of Inclusion: January 12, 2017 for reasons: Toxic for reproduction (Article 57c), PBT (Article 57 d).
- p-(1,1-dimethylpropyl)phenol (EC# 201-280-9; CAS# 80-46-6). Date of Inclusion: January 12, 2017 for reason: Equivalent level of concern having probable serious effects to environment (Article 57 f).
Need help with REACH SVHC compliance?
Additions and changes to the REACH SVHC Candidate List can be expected every six months. The REACH regulation applies to thousands of substances that are present in electrical and electronic equipment. REACH compliance affects companies of all sizes and requires manufacturers to have detailed knowledge of the substances present in their products.
GreenSoft’s experienced worldwide team can help collect REACH SVHC statements and full-disclosure chemical data for your products and components, validate the data for accuracy and formatting, and help identify non-compliant parts and find second sources for non-compliant components. Learn more and get a free Risk Analysis!
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
Two proposals in the works to add substances to EU REACH SVHC and Annex XIV
EU REACH SVHC List now contains 233 Substances
4 products removed from European market due to EU RoHS, EU REACH, and EU POP violations
Customs inspectors will check imports into the European Union for EU REACH compliance in 2023-2025
Awaiting Decision on 9 Substances for Inclusion in the EU REACH SVHC Candidate List