February 19, 2016 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
Renewal Requests Submitted for Large Number of EU RoHS-2 Exemptions
As previously reported, many of the most commonly used exemptions applicable to product categories 1-7 and 10 of the EU RoHS-2 Directive expire on July 21, 2016.
However, a large number of renewal applications for exemptions were submitted to the European Commission between October 2014 and January 2015.
Under the RoHS-2 Directive, exemptions remain in effect until a decision is made on renewal applications that have been submitted. The European Commission states their anticipated time frame to make a decision on each exemption extension is 18-24 months from the application date.
Therefor the exemptions with submitted renewal requests will likely remain exempt through 2016. However, the European Commission has said they will announce an updated time frame in second quarter 2016. That announcement will tell us exactly when the Commission expects to make their decisions on the renewal applications, and therefor how much longer each exemption remains valid until it is either renewed or expires.
We will let you know when the European Commission makes their announcement this year. The list of renewal applications for exemptions can be found here.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
5 products forced to be removed from European market due to EU RoHS violations
EU RoHS Annex III amended to include new exemption
New report published with recommendations on commonly used EU RoHS exemptions
4 products removed from European market due to EU RoHS, EU REACH, and EU POP violations
8 products removed from European market due to EU RoHS violations