March 16, 2017 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
Public Consultation for Two EU REACH SVHC Additions
ECHA Invites Interested Parties to Comment on SVHC Proposals
The substances are:
- 4,4'-isopropylidenediphenol (bisphenol A; BPA) - EC No. 201-245-8; CAS No. 80-05-7; Reason: Endocrine disrupting properties (Article 57(f) - human health)
- Perfluorohexane-1-sulphonic acid and its salts - EC No. 206-587-1; CAS No. 355-46-4; Reason: vPvB (Article 57e)
Bisphenol A had previously been added to the SVHC list in April 2016 due to its reproductive toxicity. It is now being proposed again due to its endocrine disrupting properties with serious effects to human health. Therefore the SVHC list which currently has a total of 173 substances will be increased to 174, not 175, if these two substances are approved for inclusion after the public consultation period.
ECHA has published Annex XV reports outlining the reasons for inclusion for each substance. All interested parties are invited by ECHA to submit comments on such reports during the public consultation period. Annex XV reports can be found by clicking the "Details" link next to each substance here.
The deadline to submit comments is 24:00 Helsinki time on April 24, 2017. Comments can be submitted online by clicking the "Details" link next to each substance here.
GreenSoft Provides REACH Services for Affected Companies
With new substances continually being added to the REACH SVHC list, maintaining your company's compliance can be difficult and time consuming. Collection of Full Material Declaration (FMD) data is necessary to be prepared and avoid having to go through recollection anytime a new substance is added to the regulation.
GreenSoft provides data collection and validation services so that you can report with high-quality current information. GreenData Manager software stores that information, as well as corresponding documents, and generates compliance, status, and due diligence reports. Contact your local representative to learn more.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
June 13, 2022
EU REACH SVHC List now contains 224 Substances
April 28, 2022
Roughly 5,000 to 7,000 chemicals will be regulated in the EU by 2030
March 28, 2022
EU REACH, EU RoHS and EU POPs violations found in electronic products, forcing withdrawal from market
January 17, 2022
4 New Substances Added to EU REACH SVHC List
January 11, 2022
4 Products Recalled in European Markets