November 1, 2013 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
EU Conflict Minerals Update
November 01, 2013｜Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
The EU intends to move forward with its version of Conflict Minerals regulation. The Directorate-General for Trade (DG Trade) is the EU Commission organization charged with writing the regulation. Fern Abrams, IPC's Director of Government Relations and Environmental Policy, attended a series of meetings last week in Brussels and came away with these observations:
- DG Trade intends to align with OECD.
- DG Trade plans to propose a global conflict minerals scope. DG Trade will not include a list of countries (like Dodd-Frank) because they "stigmatize" these countries.
- For now the covered minerals/metals would be the same as the OECD guidelines: tin, tantalum, tungsten (3Ts) and gold. Other materials could be added.
The EU Commission intends to propose legislation by the end of 2013, though action is not expected until fall of 2014.
GreenSoft has many customers using our Conflict Minerals service. For more on our service, click here.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
January 15, 2021
New CAHRAs List of High-Risk Smelters Applied for EU Conflict Minerals Services
June 05, 2017
Conflict Minerals Regulation to Take Effect July 8, 2017
November 23, 2016
Legislation Text Finalized for EU Conflict Minerals
September 24, 2015｜Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
August 05, 2015｜Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.