California Proposition 65
January 17, 2020 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
2 New Chemicals Added to CA Proposition 65 Substances List
Cannabis (Marijuana) smoke and Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) have been added to the CA Proposition 65
Two substances were added to the list of chemicals known to the state of California to cause reproductive toxicity under the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (CA Proposition 65).
The Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) added the following chemicals effective January 3, 2020:
- Cannabis (marijuana) smoke
- Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC)
Companies affected by California Proposition 65 are required to warn customers of potential exposure to any of the substances on the list of chemicals.
The two new substance additions will have no effect on electronics manufacturers, but GreenSoft monitors all updates to California Proposition 65 and will continue to alert you when chemicals are added to the list of regulated substances.
The last prior addition to the regulated substances list was September 2019.
GreenSoft helps companies deal with California Proposition 65 through our data services and GreenData Manager software. Contact us to learn more about how we can help your company comply with California Proposition 65.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
May 31, 2022
Rulemaking timeframe lapses for CA Prop 65 proposed changes to warning labels; new proposal process to begin soon
January 10, 2022
New Substances Added to California Prop 65 List
December 16, 2021
California Proposition 65 Short-Form Warning Label Proposal Sees Additional Changes
November 16, 2021
Access & View New California Prop 65 Webinar Today!
September 27, 2021
Register for the FREE November 9th California Proposition 65 Webinar!