December 17, 2014 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
6 New Substances Added to REACH SVHC Candidate List
December 17, 2014｜Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
Today the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) addedsix new substances to the REACH Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) Candidate List, and one existing entry has been updated.
With the inclusion of the substances of the SVHC Candidate List, manufacturers and importers of products containing the substances now have six months from today to notify ECHA if they continue to use the substances.
The six newly added substances are:
- Cadmium fluoride
- Cadmium sulphate
- 2-benzotriazol-2-yl-4,6-di-tert-butylphenol (UV-320)
- 2-(2H-benzotriazol-2-yl)-4,6-ditertpentylphenol (UV-328)
- 2-ethylhexyl 10-ethyl-4,4-dioctyl-7-oxo-8-oxa-3,5-dithia-4-stannatetradecanoate (DOTE)
- reaction mass of 2-ethylhexyl 10-ethyl-4,4-dioctyl-7-oxo-8-oxa-3,5-dithia-4-stannatetradecanoate and 2-ethylhexyl 10-ethyl-4-[[2-[(2-ethylhexyl)oxy]-2-oxoethyl]thio]-4-octyl-7-oxo-8-oxa-3,5-dithia-4-stannatetradecanoate (reaction mass of DOTE and MOTE)
Companies must notify ECHA by June 17, 2015, if they continued to use any of the substances and and meet both the following conditions:
- The substance is present in those articles in quantities totally over one ton per company per year, and
- The substance is present in those articles above a concentration of 0.1% weight by weight, unless exemptions apply.
More details on the substances and explanations for the inclusion of the substances on the SVHC Candidate list is available here.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
Two proposals in the works to add substances to EU REACH SVHC and Annex XIV
EU REACH SVHC List now contains 233 Substances
4 products removed from European market due to EU RoHS, EU REACH, and EU POP violations
Customs inspectors will check imports into the European Union for EU REACH compliance in 2023-2025
Awaiting Decision on 9 Substances for Inclusion in the EU REACH SVHC Candidate List