September 12, 2017 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
23 Substances Added to EU REACH Annex XVII
23 Newly Restricted Substances, Effective March 2018
On August 30th, the European Commission added 23 substances to the REACH Annex XVII restricted substances list and updated 2 existing substances.
This amendment to the REACH regulation is entered into force 20 days after the August 30th publication, and the prohibition of these substances is effective March 1, 2018.
The full list of the 23 newly restricted substances can be found online.
The last update to REACH Annex XVII was in October 2016.
Help With REACH Compliance
Here at GreenSoft, we help companies manage REACH compliance with a process that includes data collection, data validation, and report generation. We can also help with sourcing compliant replacement parts or suppliers for non-compliant parts or non-responsive suppliers. Learn more about our REACH compliance services here or get started with a FREE Risk Analysis/BOM Scrub!
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- French Environmental Labeling Requirements
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
Customs inspectors will check imports into the European Union for EU REACH compliance in 2023-2025
Awaiting Decision on 9 Substances for Inclusion in the EU REACH SVHC Candidate List
EU REACH SVHC List now contains 224 Substances
Roughly 5,000 to 7,000 chemicals will be regulated in the EU by 2030
EU REACH, EU RoHS and EU POPs violations found in electronic products, forcing withdrawal from market