September 12, 2017 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
23 Substances Added to EU REACH Annex XVII
23 Newly Restricted Substances, Effective March 2018
On August 30th, the European Commission added 23 substances to the REACH Annex XVII restricted substances list and updated 2 existing substances.
This amendment to the REACH regulation is entered into force 20 days after the August 30th publication, and the prohibition of these substances is effective March 1, 2018.
The full list of the 23 newly restricted substances can be found online.
The last update to REACH Annex XVII was in October 2016.
Help With REACH Compliance
Here at GreenSoft, we help companies manage REACH compliance with a process that includes data collection, data validation, and report generation. We can also help with sourcing compliant replacement parts or suppliers for non-compliant parts or non-responsive suppliers. Learn more about our REACH compliance services here or get started with a FREE Risk Analysis/BOM Scrub!
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
June 13, 2022
EU REACH SVHC List now contains 224 Substances
April 28, 2022
Roughly 5,000 to 7,000 chemicals will be regulated in the EU by 2030
March 28, 2022
EU REACH, EU RoHS and EU POPs violations found in electronic products, forcing withdrawal from market
January 17, 2022
4 New Substances Added to EU REACH SVHC List
January 11, 2022
4 Products Recalled in European Markets