February 24, 2020 | Written by GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
ECHA has released an EU REACH database prototype
ECHA has released a SCIP database prototype for users to test
Companies placing articles on the EU market which contain reportable levels of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs) will need to submit their product information into the SCIP database starting January 5, 2021.
The release of the portal prototype provides manufacturers and solution providers with the remainder of this year to develop a solution and gather the required product information.
Users can use the prototype portal to submit test data and provide feedback to ECHA to improve the final version, which will be launched later this year. The prototype database is for testing purposes only, and all data loaded into the database will be deleted when the final database goes live in fall 2020.
Additionally, Chemical Watch is hosting a webinar about the SCIP database portal on March 5. Speakers from ECHA will share suggested steps on how to utilize the database. More information and registration for that webinar can be found here.
SCIP database expands data requirements for manufacturers
Suppliers of articles will need to submit the following information to the SCIP database:
- Information that allows the article to be identified
- The name, concentration range, and location of the SVHC in the article
- Information on the safe use of the article, including during disposal
- Material Category of the material containing the SVHC
GreenSoft can help with your SCIP database requirements
As a leading provider of data services and GreenData Manager software to help manufacturers comply with regulations such as EU REACH, GreenSoft has been developing a data services and software solution for the new SCIP database.
At the start of this year, we started working with key customers on a pilot program to develop a SCIP database solution. After the pilot program period, GreenSoft will issue a wide-release of our EU REACH SCIP database solution to new and existing clients.
Subscribe to our Blog
Blog Search & Categories
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking
- California Proposition 65
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- CE Mark
- Certificate of Compliance
- China RoHS
- Component Disclosure Module
- Conflict Minerals – Canada
- Conflict Minerals – EU
- Conflict Minerals – U.S.
- eCMA Forms
- EN 50581/EN IEC 63000:2018
- EU Battery Directive
- EU Green Deal
- EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
- EU Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) Regulation
- EU REACH
- EU RoHS
- EU Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- Full Material Declaration (FMD)
- GreenData Manager Software
- GreenSoft Data Services
- GreenSoft Technology
- Hosted GreenData Manager (GDM) Software
- iGDM Component Database Search
- IPC-1752A Viewer
- JGPSSI & JIG-101
- Korea REACH
- SCIP Database
- Trade Shows
- U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- UK RoHS
- White Paper Library
September 20, 2021
ECHA implements public-facing SCIP database search capabilities
August 10, 2021
SCIP-FAQAccess the SCIP Database FAQs Today!
May 10, 2021
New SCIP Database Webinar Added
February 17, 2021
Free, Educational SCIP Database Webinar Signups Happening Now!
January 13, 2021
What You Need To Know About The SCIP Database Submission Process